Car Glass Repair
At Prato Bravo in Bellflower, CA, we also work with windows and sunroofs. Don’t put off your car glass repair any longer.
We can acquire the pieces ourselves or use what you provide us. However, if we do deem your piece to be ineffective/unsafe, we will advise for alternative action to be taken through your collision repair.
From there, we can evaluate the damage ourselves to ensure you’re taking the right course of action moving forward. Every vehicle is different and will need a varied level of attention, so it’s best you bring the vehicle in as soon as possible.
REMINDER: insurance policies vary in their coverage for such damages, so take this into account when you are preparing your vehicle.
Windshield repairs are safe, effective, and convenient. They usually can be completed in 30 minutes or less. A successful repair will prevent the damage from spreading, Make the blemish less visible and restore the structural integrity of the windshield.
Pato Bravo Windshield Repair Process
- The windshield is cleaned and visually inspected
- Any loose glass is removed from the impact point.
- A small hole may be drilled into the break to allow access for the resin, if necessary.
- A Bridge & Injector assembly is mounted over the break.
- A polymer resin is injected into the break where it cures and bonds the separated glass.
- A series of polishing and buffing steps are applied to restore the clarity and structural strength of the glass. The resins are optically matched to a refractive index of 1.51, matching that of glass and hardened with a bond as strong as the original glass.
- The resin is cured by ultra-violet light, restoring the original strength to the glass.
- The impact point, or drill hole is filled with pit filler, and also cured.
- Any excess pit filler is removed, and the windshield is thoroughly cleaned.
- Your vehicle’s window is as good as new!